Wednesday, October 1, 2008

paula radcliffe to defend her title at 2008 nyc marathon!



this morning the new york road runners announced that paula radcliffe will return to defend her title at the 2008 nyc marathon! radcliffe, the current world record holder, won her first nyc marathon in 2004 - following a disastrous performance at the 2004 summer olympics.

in what seems to be a case of "deja vu all over again," she's jumped into the nyc marathon following a poor showing at the summer olympics. but despite the superficial similarity, the two situation are not at all similar . . .


update: paula successfully defended her title!! she won her 3rd nyc marathon!!

1 comment:

DawnB said...

I remember it well. I was thinking about putting off NY until next year(because of training) until I heard it will cost me. Now I'm happy to Know that I can say I ran in a with with Paul Radcliffe.