Tuesday, October 7, 2008

leukemia & lymphoma society's light the night walk at nyack memorial park

saturday night, pat, katie, my sister-in-law andrea, my niece, alexa, and my nephew, miggy, joined a 1000 other participants in the light the night 2 mile walk in nyack memorial park. the event raises fund to combat blood cancers. the walk is sponsored by the leukemia & lymphoma society - the same organization that sponsors "teams in training" for marathons and other endurance events.

this was the second year in a row that they did the walk to raise money for this worthy cause. last year i joined them in the walk. but this time around i was in queens, doing loops of juniper valley park in middle village, queens, at the ted corbitt 24 hour run.

here is the local coverage from the ny journal news.
from the archives: the 2007 light the night walk


Just_because_today said...

thanks for supporting this cause, it is close to my heart

Satria Sudeki said...

It is happy to see your posting. Yes really informative article. I will tell this information again to my friend, oh yes I suggest you to check my blog on www.leukemiasolution.blogspot.com , I hope the article on my blog will be usefull for you… and we can share each other. thank you… ;-)