Saturday, March 29, 2008

queens 60k update - rr and photos to follow


sunny, very windy conditions, for the race today. our original trio of emmy, rob, and me turned into a duo when rob got a flat tire this morning and had to miss the race.
i finished my first 60k in 5:46:38, a 9:18 pace. that was good enough for 6th place overall. but the really big news was emmy winning the women's race! her 5:47:49, a 9:20 pace, was not only a pr - but enough to claim first place!
phil mccarthy won the race in just under 4:19! he finished his 12th and final loop just as i finished my 9th loop.
last year, emmy, rob and i ran this identical course as part of the metropolitan 50 miler/kurt steiner 50k. rob ran the 50 miler, emmy and i ran the 50k. here is my race report for the 50k (ten loops). today's race was an additional 2 loops to reach the 37.3 mile distance.
my race report and photos for the 60k to follow.
check out emmy's blog, she already has up some great pictures!!

2 comments:

CTmarathoner said...

nice photos of the start -it's really a bummer that Rob got a flat:(
looking forward to your report!

TonyP said...

Awesome job. Sucks that Rob got the flat. I wish I would have been able to join you guys. I'm hitting Bear Mountain tomorrow at 7:00 AM. See you next weekend !