Sunday, January 25, 2009

manhattan half marathon: race photos and results



what a cold morning to line up for a race! and 4,500 other runners decided to do the same thing. the manhattan half reached it's cap of 5,000 last week, and 90% of the registered field crossed the finish - awesome.

don, emmy and i drove in together. here is the short version: finished up in 1:37:43, 7:27 pace. a small improvement from my result last year, but well off my pr for this course. emmy took second in her age group with a 1:32:20 - awesome! don came in just under 2 hours with 1:59:22.

here is my race report (with links to a couple more).

here are the official results at nyrr.

here are some race photos:


don




emmy and don


don and me


michael, me and don


emmy, after her 1:32:20!





emmy, me, bob, and john








race in progress...

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great pix!! Actually I think NYRR said they planned to overbook (I read the number 6,500 bandied about) because there are always registrants who don't show up, but to have 90% of the expected number finish the race under those conditions was still an achievement for all of you.

(A time conflict, not the weather, made me one of the no-shows. I ran locally but couldn't spare the travel time today.)

Anonymous said...

Great job Frank. To keep up that speed in cold temps like today was awesome. I was happy just to cross the finish still on my feet.

See you in the Bronx in 2 weeks?

Anonymous said...

Great Pictures Frankie. Always a blast with you and Emmy in the car. Glad you helped her keep it on the road. Another successful road trip. Lightfootman

CTmarathoner said...

Michael will be happy that 'Bob' of 50 on 50 is planning to do the Cherry Tree 10 miler!

Unknown said...

Great job!
we ran 15k at Rigefield!
Hope see you all at the next race!
Ikuko

Anonymous said...

Frank - good to "see" you guys again, even though it is through pictures. Now I am jealous for not running it. Congrats on a great time and Special congrats to Emmy on a PR and second place. You guys are fast. Thanks for the pics.

Greg
mysolitude

Running CT said...

Great job! 1:37:43, 7:27 pace Not bad at all.