Monday, March 2, 2009

another month kicks off with a snowstorm!!



is it just me, or did january kick off with a snowstorm? not to be left out, february followed suit and did the same. with spring a couple of weeks away - now march joins the club and roars in with something close to a nor'easter!

i just finished digging out of the first wave of snow (6+ wet inches). as my fingers slowly defrost, a second wave is forecast for later this morning - argh! on the plus side, not only does katie have a school day, but my afternoon class was cancelled! still, i have to head into the office later and get some work done this afternoon.

then, tonight i'm really looking forward to the new york city premiere of "beyond the epic run." if weather doesn't keep them in connecticut, emmy and rob will be there too. in fact, nyc area runners should try to attend (it's free, just rsvp in advance).

here is the new york city info from the movie blog:

"Next up is New York[!] The New York screening is 7:30 p.m. Monday, March 2, 2009 at Anthology Film Archives. Doors open at 7 p.m.

All screenings are free and open to the public! Help us spread the word by telling your friends and family. For questions [...] e-mail annie@jenningspr.net."

1 comment:

susan said...

Hi Frank...Happy Blogiversary! Without overstating it, I want you to know that finding your blog was life-changing for me! I was just starting to think about running longer distances but not certain how to do it, when I found your blog, and through it, Emmy, Anthony, Meredith, etc. So...thanks for a year of great reading, Frank. I look forward to many more.
ps My kids have also benefitted--I've gottem them several of the books and movies you've reviewed!