Tuesday, October 26, 2010

boston marathon entry confirmed :D

the email notification arrived this afternoon:

"This is to notify you that your entry into the 115th Boston Marathon on Monday, April 18, 2011 has been accepted, provided that the information you submitted is accurate."

normally, i wouldn't bother to note this "event" (the confirmation). but yesterday i noticed a few runners posting that they hadn't received a confirmation yet. so i logged on to the site and, when i typed in my name - nothing! when i typed in my zip code - plenty of my neighbors appeared - but no me?!

that wasn't a real cause for concern - but i wondered why, after a week, my "paperwork" hadn't been processed. i use the term paperwork loosely since it was all done electronically - even the bq time and marathon information was already in the system, so to speak.

so, when the email arrived, i breathed a sigh of relief. but, i wonder, why the caveat, "provided that the information you submitted is accurate," was tacked on at the end of the sentence - if they did, in fact, take the time to confirm my entry information??

go figure ;O

1 comment:

Phil McCarthy said...

I haven't gotten mine yet, but I'll be patient. My original email said to allow 4-5 weeks for confirmation.