Sunday, September 19, 2010

2010 ing nyc marathon tune-up: race photos and results



great weather for 3 loops of central park this morning. the marathon tune-up 18 miler had almost 5,000 finishers - that's a lot of runners going long! my 2:23:03, came in just under my targeted 8 minute pace (7:57). i was pleased (despite the drop off from my sub 2:20 finish last year) because i had only decided to enter the tune-up on friday. emmy took first place in her age group! anthony, wayne, herb, and eric all ran varying distances before the start!

here is my race report; and here are the race results from nyrr.



3 comments:

chickenunderwear said...

That is Al Goldstein in the bottom picture giving out the awards. He is a past President of the Prospect Park Track Club and one of the people who was "there with Fred in the beginning". He will turn 91 in December. Many of his joints have been recently replaced.

Now he gives out the awards after NYRR races.

I met him this morning at 6:30 and asked him why he was there so early. He said he had to get there early to find a parking spot.

What!!!

He said they wont give him a permit to park in the park..... The only compensation he gets for organizing and distributing the awards is two shirts for each race.

LIKE THIS MAN NEEDS MORE T-SHIRTS.

I told him I wold make it my mission to get him a parking permit.

I feel much better now. I will call him before I email Marry W.

rundangerously said...

michael, we looked for you before and after the race! if you get al a permit it may constitute a minor miracle - good luck!!

chickenunderwear said...

Did you look behind you when you were running? :)