Monday, June 29, 2015

still no post-surgery running, another week+ to go -- argh!


It's been almost 2 weeks since my last run.  I ran 5+ miles on Tuesday, June 16, the day before the cataract surgery on my right eye.  The following Wednesday the left eye was operated on.  Both surgeries went well, but the prescribed post-op inactivity is driving me nuts (ironic in the sense that i'm still not cleared to drive - haha).

The doctor wants me to wait two weeks until I can get back to running again (which pretty much means nothing faster than walking until next Wednesday).  And the first few runs should be on the track (or treadmill) until I get back in the groove of things.  He has a pretty conservative view about exercising after the surgery (but who am I to quibble since I still have 1 suture in the right eye and 2 in the left that need to be removed).

Tomorrow I head back to the doctor's office for a follow-up visit and new the temporary eyeglass prescription.  My near vision has been completely corrected, but I'll still need to wear glasses for distance.  It'll still be a few more weeks before I'll be ready for a final prescription (as the eyes continue to heal and adjust), but in the short term... I'll be able to drive again :D

Stay tuned!

No comments: