Sunday, July 21, 2013

2013 nyrr queens 10k: race photos and results


wow, what a difference a few degrees can make!  the queens 10k is the first race with low humidity and a temperature under 80 degree (just barely) in what seems like weeks!  there was also a nice breeze as a bonus.  this was race number 3 in the 5 borough series (and race number 6 in my 9 +1 for 2013).

i had a conservative goal of running 7:30 miles.  the change in weather was a plus and helped me run a 45:54, 7:24 pace for the 10k.  of all the strange things to happen during a race - my watch band broke in the last mile - so i had to retrace my footsteps to retrieve my watch off the ground.  luckily, no one stepped on it - and it still kept recording my time :D

the 45:54 was a solid minute+ improvement over my last 10k race (47:08 at the norwalk mothers day 10k in may).

here are the race results from nyrr.






here are the rest of my photos on facebook.

No comments: