Thursday, January 21, 2010

packet pick-up for the manhattan half marathon at nyrr club



just back from a quick trip up to the nyrr club. i picked up my bib, d-tag, and a long-sleeved shirt (along with same for don and emmy). the manhattan half is a favorite of mine. although i'm probably in the minority because i liked it even more when it was run in heat and humidity of late august! it will be my first nyrr race of 2010.

as for the shirt, it reminds me of the late 70's disco scene! i love the black, but the splashy pink runner... wonder how that motif will play out across the remaining 4 boroughs :D

don, emmy and i are carpooling in. and there should be plenty of familiar faces doing the two loops of the park course. if you're running it this weekend, say hi!

5 comments:

CTmarathoner said...

HEHE --the disco race shirt!!! pretty funny..I was kind of thinking that, since NYRRC is moving the Bronx 1/2 (it has been same day as the BB 20K), that Don, you and I might do all 5 1/2s this year...the one hard to get to one is Staten island...so maybe it'll work --maybe all the shirts will be retro disco.

Unknown said...

Cool, I like it! I'm picking mine up tomorrow. Have a great race!

Anonymous said...

who'da thunk it, i actually like a shirt from an NYRR race (partially cuz I like the black long-sleeves) Almost makes me wish I was running it so I could get the shirt...ok maybe not :)

lightfootman said...

yeah Frank. I liked it in sweaty late August too but it's obvious why they changed the date. the heat was just too much for a lot of people. looking forward to it. thanks for picking up the stuff.

Joe Garland said...

I'll be there.