Saturday, July 28, 2018

2018 NYRR Team Championships 5 Miler: Race Photos & Results


It was hot and humid for the team 5 milers this morning (typical conditions for this annual staple, actually).  I was on the fence about this one because I'm doing the Escarpment Trail Run tomorrow.  But I decided it was important enough to run it easy to see if I've managed to recover from the beating my quads took in Vermont last weekend.  Thankfully, all systems are a go for tomorrow (except for speed - ha).

As for the race itself, I had wanted to run 8 minute miles and finish in about 40 minutes.  That turned out to be a stretch.  I managed a 41:49, 8:22 pace - well off my 40:00, 8:00 target.  While it was probably my slowest 5 miler in recent memory, it did serve its purpose.  My quads have bounced back and I should be able to survive the down hills tomorrow :D

One interesting aside, on the way there - at the 125th Street Station - there was a distressed old timer from Brooklyn who had gotten "lost" on the way to Central Park.  To make a long story short, there was not downtown local service.  We had to go to 86th Street, cross Lexington Avenue, and take the uptown local back to 103rd Street.  A day in the life of the NYC MTA :O

Here are the official results from NYRR.






No comments: