Friday, July 13, 2018

2018 NYRR Retro Run 4 Miler Packet Pickup


Picked up my shirt and bib for the Retro Run 4 Miler this afternoon - one of those rare times I couldn't get to the NYRR until the day before the race!  For some reason the shirt comes out as grey in the photo, it's actually blue!  Not sure what sort of gremlins got into my camera to pull that off?!

More interestingly, however, was the NYRR summer book "library" that offered runners FREE copies from an eclectic stockpile of used running books!  I didn't know about this (and it's available till 7/22 I believe).  I picked up a book on the 1908 Olympic marathon and a short bio on Jock  Semple!  Wow - what a really COOL THING (that certainly deserves ALL CAP treatment)!

As for the race itself, 4 miles in Central Park tomorrow morning.  I may wear a bandana, going "retro" to the way I ran in the 70s and 80s - haha :D




No comments: