Sunday, February 3, 2019

2019 Taconic RR Freezer 5K: Race Photos & Results


It was actually balmy at FDR Park this morning!  And with the temperature at 33 degrees for the start, it was practically a heat wave give the sub-zero wind chills of last week!  The Freezer 5K was my first race since December - plenty of running, just haven't gotten myself over to a start line for a race (of any distance) until today.


I was pleasantly surprised w/my 22:30 (22:32 official), 7:15 pace.  Amazingly, for little if no speed work this season, it was about 6 seconds faster than my 2018 Freezer 5K!  Last year that was good enough for 2nd AG - but this year I dropped 3 places to 5th in my AG - so much for shaving off those few seconds - ha!


Anyway, regardless of time - it was great to be out there running (dare I say... fast) for a change!



Hiroshi and I hamming it up after we finished :D


I'll add a link to the official results once they've been posted.



No comments: