Sunday, February 10, 2019

2019 Boston Buildup 20K: Race Photos & Results


It may have been a small miracle, but I somehow managed to run the Boston Buildup 20K this morning.  Given that I had no voice to speak of when I woke up (from all the coughing I had done through the night), I was inclined to skip it.  But since I hadn't run either of the first 2 races in the series during January - and, more importantly, I would probably have gone running later in the day - just got in the car and drove to Fairfield.

I was glad I did!  Despite the cold (I wore my jacket over my running clothes), finished in a sliver under 1:42 (1:42:59 - to be precise), an 8:12 pace.  Then my Iphone immediately died after I turned off Strava - so no pictures (the starting line photo is thanks to Tony!).

Here is the link to the official results at Athlinks.  One very cool thing I hadn't realized was that a finisher's certificate was available.  So there is mine - haha :D



No comments: