Saturday, April 30, 2016

2016 Ted Corbitt Run Around Manhattan Memorial 50K


What a great day to run around Manhattan - and honor Ted Corbitt in the process!  Thankfully, Dave called an audible on Friday and moved up the run to Saturday, from Sunday, because of the forecast for rain!  It may have cut our numbers by a bit, but the fantastic weather more than made up for it.

This was my 3rd official Run Around Manhattan 50k - my last one was back in 2011 (it didn't come off in 2012, when that nasty chronic compartment syndrome snuck up on me mid-year - and derailed my ultrarunning for a while!).  I've also run this course a few times - unofficially :D

With our three planned stops - and a couple of other smaller digressions - it took just under 8 hours to do the entire loop of Manhattan.  What an excellent Saturday!






No comments: