Saturday, August 19, 2017

2017 Westport Summer Series 8.4 Miler: Race Photos & Results


It was a tough, soupy morning to run a hilly course!  Burying Hill Beach was the start/finish of the eighth race of the Westport Summer Series.  When I got out of my car and walked over to sign up, the humidity was 98% - and it didn't go much lower during the race!  It's probably not an exaggeration to say this was probably the most humid race day of the summer (and we've quite a few humid races)!

As for the race itself - it was my first Westport Summer Series race of the Summer.  I've been doing the Norwalk Summer Series Races this year.  Will do the 10 Miler on Labor Day weekend, which will edge my total up to two of the ten races :O

I finished in just over 1:10 (1:10:02!) - an 8:18 pace.  Given that I finished (and resisted urge to walk some of the hills - especially in Mile 6), what seemed like a swim at some points - I am very happy :D

Here are the race results from the Westport Road Runners.








No comments: