Saturday, August 12, 2017

2017 Norwalk Summer Series 11 Miler: Race Photos & Results


Great morning to run a race - especially since there was no rain, which had been in the forecast as recently as last night!   The Summer Series 11 Miler is the last of the 5 races for 2017.  But the Half Marathon next month is the unofficial end of the Summer Series.

As for the race itself, when Christine gave me my bib (178) I felt a twinge of sadness at losing my previous race (17) double digit number - haha.  I had a time goal of 1:28 - run the double loop course at an 8 minute pace.  It was a tough order since it was humid enough to see the evaporating wetness from last night's rain come off in occasional eerie patches of wispy steam on random stretches of asphalt!  Give those conditions (and a couple of hills) I was very happy to squeeze under my target with a 1:27:43, 7:59 pace!  It was good enough for 3rd in my age group :D

Next up - the Half Marathon on Saturday, September 16.

Here are the official results from Lightfoot Runners.








 

Thanks to Tony for great photo of the start!

No comments: