Wednesday, March 10, 2010

just registered for the 2010 nyc marathon!



i finally registered for the 2010 nyc marathon yesterday - with just a week left to the deadline for guaranteed entry! it seems too early (at least a month earlier than when i registered last year - for the 2009 edition) to be thinking about november events! but not nearly as "early" as i registered for boston 2010 - which had a record early close in november last year! i generally procrastinate - even with races i love - and wait until the last possible moment to register!

the nyc marathon i probably my favorite event (at any distance). the 2010 edition will be my 9th consecutive nyc marathon - on the road to that magic number 15! i think it's a race that everyone should run at least once in a lifetime. but as a new yorker, i'm definitely biased on that count ;D even so, my hometown bias is evened out with my second favorite race, the boston marathon (fast approaching next month) :D

2 comments:

Maria said...

I'm back in this year too after taking a break the last two years. Can't wait!!

Robert James Reese said...

It does seem strange planning so far ahead. I registered a month or so back for the first time. With all the races you do, hearing you say this one is your favorite makes me look forward to it even more. It has to be good...