Wednesday, January 8, 2020

Virtual Resolution Run 5K - 2020


I signed up for this on New Years Day - but didn't get around to running the 5k until this afternoon (dusk, actually).  My last few runs have been at night because I want to enjoy running by the houses that still have their Christmas lights up.  As one would expect, that number has steadily declined.  But, since it's midweek - the number still lighting up has held steady from last weekend's big drop off.  I suspect the last holdouts will come down this weekend :(

As for the run itself, I did a big loop of the area.  In it's increasingly annoying winter habit, my IPhone died just as I got back home.  Why it was annoying was because the temperature was in the low 30s - and even w/the wind chill bringing it into the 20's - a fully charged phone should NOT freeze up after 33 minutes -arrg.  I wouldn't be annoyed with the phone at all had it really been COLD - like the low 20's or below :O

Be that as it may, technical glitch aside - Strava still managed to record my run/time!

No comments: