Saturday, January 11, 2020

The Woman Who Loves Giraffes - Quad Cinema


When I first saw the title to this wonderful documentary, The Woman Who Loves Giraffes, I thought to myself that it had to be about Pat - and how could it have been filmed right under my nose with me utterly clueless about all those goings on?!

But at the film's premiere tonight at the Quad Cinema I discovered that there was a woman who loved giraffes a bit more than Pat.  That Anne Innis Dagg's incredibly story has finally gotten told is great news.  Not only is about a pioneering young woman's post-college quest to explore her love (giraffes), but it follows her to the post-Ph.d college tenure battles that wrongly denied her bid for tenure at not one, but 3 schools. 

Out of apparent defeat we often see positive life altering change.  In Anne's case she published what became the standard text on giraffes, continually updated and in use today.  And, after years of toil in relative obscurity, she finally received the professional recognition she is so deserving of. 

GO SEE IT!

Pat (and that other giraffe loving woman) ;D

No comments: