Thursday, August 23, 2018

2018 Sri Chinmoy (formerly Self-Transcendence) Marathon


This morning I ran my 4th Sri Chinmony Marathon - which is held during the week instead of the weekend!  It's a great location, at Rockland Lake.  The course is 9 loops around the lake (with the last loop shorter than the first 8).

It didn't start off auspicious because as I drove over the Tappan Zee Bridge, it began to drizzle.  That drizzle grew into full blown rain by the time I reached the parking lot.  But amazingly, just like that it ended.  Except for some puddles on the course (and marshy patches of grass at the staging area), it hardly left an impact.


As for the my race, I ran the first 20 miles at an 8:50 pace, and struggled a bit over the last 10k.  I slowed down enough over the last to loops to miss a sub 4 by just over a minute (4:01:53).  But it was still a good day!  This finish was about 5 minutes slower than my 2017 result.


here are the official results from the Sri Chinmoy Marathon Team.







No comments: