Sunday, March 18, 2018

2018 Taconic RR St. Patricks Day Races: Race Photos & Results



It was another cold weekend - and FDR park was (cue up broken record) - cold and windy!  But that didn't detract from the Taconic Road Runner's St. Patrick's Day 2 Mile and 10K races!  Post-race, runners had the option to warm up with a roaring fire going in the fireplace, hot chocolate, coffee or tea, and - Captain Lawrence beer!


I ran the 2 miler - and (amazing to me) managed to sneak in just under 14 minutes!  Running at a 6:59 pace for 2 miles (and it may have been a couple of seconds faster if I hadn't slowed down on the infamous hill at the end of the loop) - was reward enough for me!  But it was also good enough for second AG :D  Afterwards, I ran the 10k unofficially (50:40).


But when the running was done, had some COLD Captain Lawrence IPA - and warmed up in front of the fire.  I had already drunk a cup of coffee between the races :O


Here are the official 2 mile race results from Taconic RR.
Here are the official 10K race results from Taconic RR.


and here are some great race photos posted by Taconic RR. Thanks for taking them Ted!








No comments: