Saturday, March 24, 2018

2018 Savin Rock Marathon: Race Photos & Results



Great - if somewhat windy - day to run a Marathon!  The Shoreline Shark's Savin Rock Marathon was a double loop course right on the Long Island Sound.  The bulk of the 500+ participants were doing the Half Marathon (first loop).  About a 130+ kept going past the start/finish and tackled the second loop, for a full marathon!


It was sunny, and solidly above freezing, weather wise.  It would have been great running weather if not for the seemingly endless wind.  The course was challenging (e.g. hilly) but had some great shoreline views.


As for the race itself, I missed my 4:00 hour target my a solid 5 minutes (4:05:14).  My half marathon split (roughly 1:56) was also way off my 1:50 target.  Still, at 1:56, I had a projected 4:02 finish if I could keep it together.  But it took almost 2 hours for me to complete the second loop (no negative splits this time).  There was a great finisher's medal, with the shark logo(!) waiting as we crossed the finish line (and space blankets).  Another great perk was the print out (receipt) for runners that listed their race stats!


Despite not coming in under 4 hours, I enjoyed myself.  It was a well put together event from start to finish.


Here are the official race results (for both Half and Full) from Trimon Timing Company.






No comments: