Thursday, November 2, 2017

November 2017 Race Schedule


If it's November, then the NYC Marathon kicks off the month!  This weekend will be my 15th consecutive NYC Marathon (and my ninth race for the 9+1 guaranteed entry for 2018).  I've said it many times over the years, but this is my all time favorite running event :D

While it may tend to overshadow the rest of the month, there are plenty of other good races out there.  In fact, I plan to revisit the Knickerbocker 60K (now called the NYC 60K) later this month.  Then, on Thanksgiving Day, another blast from the past - the Beachfront Bushwack!  This 5 Mile cross county race at Tods Point in Greenwich disappeared from the running scene a few year ago.  Now it's back as a Thanksgiving Day race.  Two days later, on Saturday, it's back to Greenwich for the annual Turkey Trot 5k (on behalf of the Alliance for Education). 

I may try to squeeze in another race or two this month, but nothing definite yet.

Here's how it looks so far:

11/5 - NYC Marathon
11/18 - NYRR NYC 60K
11/23 - Beachfront Bushwack 5 Miler
11/25 - Greenwich Turkey Trot 5K

As always, if you're at any of these events - say hello!

No comments: