Sunday, March 25, 2018

2018 Broadway Ultra Society 4 Hour Run & Awards Lunch



This morning was the B.U.S. 4 Hour Run followed by the Annual Awards Presentation (Lunch), where the 2017 Grand Prix awards were presented to the winners!  This year, to celebrate the 40th anniversary of the Broadway Ultra Society, the run was extended 1 hour (from its typical 3 hours)!  The run and post-run celebration are high points on the B.U.S. calendar!


The last time I was at this venue (the 2015 edition), I managed to squeak in just over 20 miles in 3 hours - of some serious sub-zero wind chills!  This time around the 1.453 mile loop I managed 20 miles in just over 3 hours (14 loops) and ran a full 16 loops for 23.248 miles.  I stopped with just over 10 minutes left on the clock.  Given that I ran the Savin Rock Marathon in West Haven yesterday, I was more than pleased with that outcome!


After the running came the food (something very close to my heart)!  There was plenty of pizza and salad - among other things.  And, what anniversary would be complete without cake?!


The next B.U.S. event (2nd on the 2018 Grand Prix schedule) is the reconfigured Sybil Lundington 50K in Carmel in April.  For the first time in its long history the Sybil course will consist of two 25k loops instead of the one 50K loop set-up.  It will also feature a new start/finish location. 


I'll add link to the 4 Hour Race results once they've been posted.










No comments: