Friday, March 2, 2018

March 2018 Race Schedule



March is here!  While I'm not sorry to see February recede into history, it may have been one of the warmest Februarys in recent history (albeit a very wet one).  As I write this post (Friday morning), the rain is coming down in buckets, with a chance it switches over to snow(!), as it washes over the Northeast!  A somewhat fickle start to the month :D


As for races, despite today's weather, this weekend should be dry (and maybe a little sun) for the Caumsett Park 50K on Sunday.  I haven't run this one in a while (maybe 8 years?!) and when I looked at the course map it seems as if the direction of the loop has been reversed.  Maybe that's just my imagination - haha. One reason I haven't run it lately, it conflicts with the Boston Buildup 25K - perhaps my favorite of the 4 race series.  This year I'll miss it in exchange for the longer distance.


Keeping with the longer distance motif, the following weekend is the first training run for The Great New York Running Exposition (TGNY) 100 miler this June.  I thought it would be 20-25 miles - but turns out it's 35!  A bit of an eye opener for me (to put it mildly).  I'm planning for the entire distance, yet 50K of it will make me happy :D


Mid-month will be something of a breather, with Taconic's St. Patrick's Day races.  I'm not sure if about running or volunteering for this one.  I'm leaning toward volunteering.


The following weekend is the Broadway Ultra Society 4 Hour Run - to precede the Annual Awards Brunch.  Saturday, the day before, is Savin Rock Marathon in New Haven.  I'm tempted to run that because it would be a new race for me.  Looking at the course map (a double loop), it seems to include a good portion of the New Haven 20K route.  Maybe it's time to squeeze in a weekend double?


But the real open question for March is the last day.  I'm very tempted (aside from what comes to pass the weekend before), to sign up for the Naked Prussian 50 Miler.  I haven't run a stand alone 50 Mile race in a while, so this is under serious consideration.  Will decide mid-month (probably right after the TGNY training run).


Here's how it looks so far:


3/4 - Caumsett Park 50K
3/11 - TGNY Training Run #1, 35M
3/18 - Taconic St. Patrick Day Races (volunteer?)
3/24 - Savin Rock Marathon?
3/25 - B.U.S. 4 Hour Run
3/25 - B.U.S. Awards Brunch
3/31 - Naked Prussian 50M?


As always, if you're at any of these great events, say Hello!

No comments: