Saturday, September 16, 2017

2017 Norwalk Half Marathon: Race Photos & Results


What a difference a year can make.  I ran the Norwalk Half Marathon this morning (and it's probably the first time in 10 years that I managed to run all 6 of races in an entire season).  We had 100% humidity (without rain) at the start.  Half way through the first mile it already seemed more like a swim than a race :O

I finished the double loop course in just over 1:45 (1:45:06, 8:02 pace).  That was a bit disappointing since I had hoped to run a 1:42 or 1:43 for the Half.  Given the tough weather conditions, I'll take it!  Still, in significantly less humid conditions, I ran it almost 4 minutes faster last year (1:41:13) :D

Last year I finished third in my age group for the Half.  Amazingly, despite the slower time, I again finished third in my age group!  But the highlight of the morning was a 3rd place finish in my age group in the overall summer series standing! It's been a few years since I took home an age group award for the summer series :D

Here are the Half Marathon Race Results from Lightfoot Runners.

Here are the Final 2017 Summer Series Standing from Lightfoot Runners.




Great photo of the start - thanks to Tony!

No comments: