Saturday, September 17, 2016

2016 Norwalk Half Marathon: Race Photos & Results


Ran the Norwalk Half Marathon this morning - great weather (opposite of the heat and humidity for the Paine to Pain course check last weekend).  Amazingly, almost didn't run it because I was still on the fence at 6:30.  Been feeling under the weather for the last few days, as if a chest cold was coming on.  But after a cup of coffee, and the realization I'd go out for a run regardless... got in the car and drove to Norwalk :D

As for the race itself, was pretty surprised to run a 1:41:13, 7:44 pace.  Shocked would be more appropriate since I didn't think 1:45 was doable!  Somehow I managed to string together a bunch of miles between 7:35 and 7:45 (with only a pair of 8 minute miles during the entire race).  An even bigger surprise awaited when the results were posted - I managed to finish third in my age group!  Had I run 20 seconds faster.. would have taken second!

That was pretty great - but even greater was the ice cream truck waiting patiently at the finish :D

Here are the official results from Lightfoot Runners.





No comments: