Sunday, November 6, 2011

2011 nyc marathon: race photos and results


my 10th nyc marathon is in the books! at 3:55, it was probably the slowest of the bunch - but it came in under my 4 hour target so i was very pleased!

despite the fantastic running we had, the day didn't start off auspiciously. our bus, along with the other private buses, were stopped in stand still traffic along the access road to the staten island expressway - with the bridge clearly in sight. we left the bus more than a half mile from the drop-off point - and barely got to the starting corrals before they officially closed (w/5 minutes to spare for me) :O

after all that pre-race stress, the race itself was relatively relaxing - ha! i took my camera along w/me and took some great pictures.  afterwards, the taconic road runners put on a great post-marathon party :D

i'll post a race report in a day or two. here are the official results from the nyrr.







here are the rest of my photos, posted on facebook.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on finishing!!