Friday, June 29, 2018

Pair of Thieves Underwear Run at Central Park


Just got home from the Pair of Thieves Underwear Run in Central Park!  It's an annual kick-off event for the NYC Tri - though it's open to non-Tri participants (such as me).  Of all the races I've run - this is the first one I've run in my underwear (boxers to be precise)!  It was a lot of fun.


Tony was there and managed to get a shot of me during the race!  As for the event itself, the distance was billed as 1.7 miles (the lower loop of the park).  That was a bit short because my GPS came up with 1.9 miles (MapMyRun) - and even Strava gave it a solid 1.8 (which, for me, consistently registers shorter distances than MapMyRun).


Whatever the actual distance I managed to squeak in just under 13 minutes (12:55) - which given the 100K last weekend, I consider lightning fast - haha!


At the finish we were given Pair of Thieves fanny packs - which had a coupon for a free pair of underwear.  Sweet indeed - but unfortunately the code hasn't worked when I keyed it in and tried to secure that free pair :(


All in all, it was a great time - and I'll definitely go back next year!









No comments: