Sunday, April 22, 2018

2018 Leatherman's Loop: Race Photos & Results



My fifth Leatherman's Loop is in the books!  What a great day to run - sunshine and warmth!  Which is saying a lot in a season where winter doesn't want to give up the ghost and welcome spring!  In fact, up until last night the race director had posted that the final water crossing (aka the "splashdown") would be bypassed because of the condition).  Luckily the water level and current dropped enough to restore the iconic water crossing to the course (with the added bit of runner safety - a guide rope)!


As for the actual race - I thought the mud was much more challenging than the 2 water crossings.  Maybe it was my imagination, but mud was the word today. I don't think it effected my race given that my finish time was only 1 second slower than last year :D


Already looking forward to the 2019th edition!


Here are the official results from Leatherman's Loop.










No comments: