Saturday, December 23, 2017

2017 New Canaan Santa Run: Race Photos & Results


This is the first time I've run the New Canaan Santa Run (it's 5 year) - but I'm no stranger to the course running through Waveny Park! 


Truth be told, if I hadn't preregistered for the race last week (to make up for not racing while we were in Ann Arbor), I would probably have gone back to sleep when I heard the sounds of rain outside.  But I'm glad I made the drive.  Despite the scattered heavy rain/foggy conditions to and from New Canaan, the weather let up for the race itself.  In fact, the rain pretty much cleared up for the first 2/3rd's of the event - only picking up again in the last mile.


As for the race, it was roughly 1/3rd on pavement and 2/3rds on trails.  I finished - slightly damp - in 23:12, 7:29 pace.  But the biggest surprise was see Rob at the finish!  I hadn't seen him at the start (he having arrived minutes before the race went off).  Aside from Rob, and Jim (timing), no other familiar faces this morning.


In a twist rare weekend twist, after a quick shower at home, I went into the City to put in a few hours at the office :(


Here are the official results from ClubCt.






No comments: