Saturday, August 29, 2015

2015 NYRR France Run 8k: Race Photos & Results


The France Run 8k was race number 7 of my 9+1 for the 2016 NYCM.  In addition to the race, the post-race festivities were excellent - and included mini-crepes and chocolate squares.  I later learned there was also meringues - which I missed entirely!

As for the race itself, I missed my sub-38 by a solid 15 seconds (38:15, 7:42 pace).  That was a bit of a disappointment because typically I'd shoot for a 37:30 for 5 miles - and the 8k was a sliver shorter!  Oh well, need to head back to the track and start doing intervals again :D

In connection with all things French, it was a small coincidence that I received an eQSL from my first French pirate station, Radio Mirabelle, yesterday.  Then, when I got home from the race this morning, Pat and Katie had made French toast for breakfast.  In between, I had gotten to the race early enough to hear the choir practicing "Le Marseillaise" to kick off the start.  Vive La France!

Here are the race results from NYRR.







No comments: