Sunday, March 9, 2014

2014 boston buildup 25k: race photos & results


after such tough winter conditions for the first 3 races, we got to run the 25k - the 4th and final race of the 2014 boston buildup winter series - in practically balmy conditions.  i ran in shorts, something i haven't done in months.  with all the snow on the ground it felt surreal :D

as for the race itself, i was very happy with my 1:58:50 (1:58:53 official), 7:39 pace.  it was well under my target of a sub-2:00 finish!  that goal was really a stretch because i had hoped to run 7:50 miles (roughly 2:01 finish) and found myself running 7:30 miles.  i was able to hold that pace for 13 miles before my pace flagged into the 7:50's.  to say my performance was a surprise would be a tremendous understatement (especially since it was well under my 2:10:29 from 2013)!

i'll post a short race report in the next day or so.

here are the race results from clubct.







 
 
here are the rest of my photos up on facebook.

No comments: