Wednesday, April 28, 2010

support alicja barahona's 120 mile non-stop run across long island



this weekend a good friend, alicja barahona, will once again set off on a 120 mile run across long island to raise funds for breast cancer research. she's done this run in years past, always to raise awareness of breast cancer issues. alicja has many extreme and ultra running accomplishments to her credit (some are mentioned in the above flyer). most recently, she took first place in the 2009 ny ultrarunning grand prix series.

here is alicja's fundraising email:
__________________________________________________

Hello,

As some of you may know, I am once again running 120 miles, non-stop, across Long Island to raise awareness and funds to help fight breast cancer. This will be my 4th solo run across Long Island in support of breast cancer patients. My 120-mile running route, which I have personally created, will start at Woodmere Community Park (adjacent to JFK Airport) and end at Montauk Point. I will start running on May 1, 2010.

I am eager to get started with my fundraising and I need your support! 100% of your contribution goes directly to breast cancer support services and research. It is faster and easier than ever to support this great cause - you can make a donation online by simply clicking on the link at the bottom of this message. Whatever you can give will help! I truly appreciate your support.

Donations can be mailed to LI2DAYBCW, P.O. Box 506 Nesconset, NY, 11767 or made online at www.li2daywalk.org. Please be sure to write my name (Alicja Barahona).

Please distribute this email to your friends and family - TOGETHER WE REALLY DO MAKE A DIFFERENCE!

Thank you so much for your support and donation.

Alicja

No comments: