Thursday, August 2, 2018

2018 Masters Challenge 5K at FDR State Park


Last night was the annual Masters Challenge 5K.  Since it was Taconics year to host the event, we ran it at FDR State Park (next year it's Westchester Track Club's year, so we'll probably run it over at Rockies).  The weather (or should I just say HUMIDITY) was stifling!  It was equal to, or worse than, what we ran in Saturday morning at the NYRR Team Championships.

Be that as it may, it wasn't so much about the race (even though we had 40+ finishers) - as it was about the post-race socializing (with plenty of food and (adult) beverages)!

As for my performance, despite some still aching quads from Escarpment, I chugged out a 23:46, 7:39 pace!  Not sure if I scored for the Taconic team, but the we did win (by just one point) the Men's 50 division :D

I'll add a link to the results once they've been posted.






No comments: