Sunday, January 21, 2018

2018 Boston Buildup 15K: Race Photos & Results


We had great weather this morning to run the Barlow Mountain 15k (a/k/a Boston Buildup race #2).  Somehow adding the word "Mountain" gives a better sense of the "hills" on the course.  Although it was the snowy/icy roads that started in mile 4 of the out and back course that were the real surprise out there (enough of a curve ball that I would have liked my trail shoes)!  The first (and last) 3 miles were dry and very runnable.


As for the race itself, I was very happy with my 1:14:29, 8:00 pace, because I hit my target pace (8 minutes) completely by happenstance!  For some reason my MapMyRun/Strava apps decided to go silent and not give me any feedback during the race.  So I ran mile mark to mile mark without any timing.  And, given the self-imposed "slowdown" over the ice patches, I suspect that my time could have been marginally better.


Next week is a toss-up between the Run Around Manhattan and a new Marathon on Long Island.  Tossed into the mix is the forecast for rain - ugh.  If it's really pouring, may wimp out on the long ones and opt for the Taconic Freezer 5k instead - an appropriate (e.g. sane) distance to run in the rain. haha


Here are the official results from ClubCt.


                                          Great shot of start - thanks Tony!




No comments: