Monday, August 1, 2016

August 2016 Race Schedule


August kicks off this weekend with a group fun run - that includes "4 bridges, 3 boroughs, 2 islands and 1 tram" - and I'm really looking forward to the tram ride - haha!  If the run itself isn't fun enough, it will wind up at Rattle & Hum for rehydration :D

This month also includes a pair of NYRR races, one of which is on a weeknight.  The NYRR 5K is next Thursday night (8/11) and the France Run 8K is on the 21st.  Those two should get me up to 6 races of my 9+1 for the 2017 NYC Marathon guaranteed entry.

The last weekend of August is a road trip to bring Katie back to Ann Arbor for her senior year!  As always I'll be on the lookout for a Michigan race to run.  But that plan to find a local race to run hasn't worked so far - but hope springs eternal.

Finally, the open question for this month is whether to run the Viaduct 100 Miler the weekend of the 13th and 14th.  I'm on the fence right now (not the least of which is that my quads are shot from Escarpment and I wonder if I'll be up for an ultra in less than 2 weeks).  In terms of logistics, I don't have a pacer lined up and I don't really want to wing it (that didn't prove to be a successful plan for Vermont last month).  So I may drop down to the 50 Miler - or find something local (and shorter) to run, instead.  Stay tuned.

Here's how it looks so far:

8/7 - "4 Bridges Run"
8/11 - NYRR 5K
8/13 - Viaduct 100 Miler?
8/21 - NYRR France Run 8k

As always, if you're at any of these - say Hello!

No comments: