Saturday, August 27, 2016

2016 NYRR Percy Sutton Harlem 5K: Race Photos & Results


It was a great morning to run the NYRR Percy Sutton Harlem 5K!  This race was actually easier for me to get to than the typical NYRR race at Central Park - only one stop, the 125th Station of the MetroNorth, and a quick walk (versus another train ride - albeit quick - down to Central Park)!

Not only was this my first time running this particular race, but it was a surprise addition to the race schedule.  I was able to squeeze it in before heading home for the drive to Ann Arbor!  Time to bring Katie back to school for her Senior year :D

As for the race itself, the second big surprise was finding some speed in my legs and running under 22 minutes.  My official time, 22:54, was actually 2 seconds faster than my "live" tracking time!  In fact, the second and third sub 7 miles (after a relatively slow first mile) almost brought my overall pace below 7 (but I'll gladly take the 7:03!) :D

Next week is yet one more NYRR race, the Fifth Avenue Mile (which will be race #8 this year).  As always, if you're at that one - say hello!

Here are the official results from the NYRR.



 Even MetroNorth got into the Harlem spirit :D


Love the live tracking :D

No comments: