Sunday, March 6, 2011

2011 caumsett park 50k: race photos and results



it was a wet and windy day at the 2011 edition of the caumsett park 50k on long island. this race doubles as the usatf 50k national championships - and draws an impressive crowd of ultra runners, regardless of the weather. michael wardian won his 3rd caumsett today with a 2:55:59 - an intense 5:40 pace in the face of some heavy rain and wind gusts.

my 4:43:37 was practically 2 hours slower :D it was well off my 4:19 from the 2010 edition, but slipped right under my 4:45 target. despite the ugly weather, there was great turnout. in a big disappointment from earlier editions of this event, the post-race food and drink was sparse (to put it mildly).

here is my race report. here are the race results.



1 comment:

the talking dog said...

Wacky weather... congrats on meeting your goal, Frank! I was right there, only two hours behind you...!