Thursday, June 2, 2016

June 2016 Race Schedule


It seems like a while since I've posted - and actually raced! My focus over the last month or so has been increasing my base mileage since I was taken off  the waiting list for "The Great NY 100 Mile Running Exposition!"  With just under 2 months to prepare, I had to buckle down and get in the mileage so I can actually cover (survive) the distance!

I'll do a separate post on my training, but given my low mileage coming out of this winter, I'm happy to have gotten back to back 150+ mile months (April, 154.4 & May, 167.5).  This is not quite the 200+ mile months that I would have normally set my sights on... but give it a little time :D

As for races, aside from the 100 miler on the June 18-19 weekend, the only race I've signed up for is the NYRR Retro 4 miler this weekend.  I'm sure there will be a couple more (summer XC races maybe), but for the moment only these two:

6/5- NYRR Retro 4 Miler
6/18 - GNY 100 Miler

As always, if you're there -- say hello!

No comments: