Sunday, July 6, 2014

2014 westport summer series 3.1 miler: race photos & results


what a difference a day makes - the nasty weather we had on thursday and friday finally left and was replaced with some excellent running conditions for the 2nd westport summer series race.  it was the 5k which started and finished at the long shore country club.  what a difference a year makes because last year's edition was run under the more typical sweltering summer heat!

in a somewhat of a surprise, my 21:28 was a solid 4 seconds faster than my 2013 finish!  it was actually my fastest 5k since my 21:25 at the greenwich alliance turkey trot last november.  given my inability to get over to the track for some speedwork so far this season - i'm more than happy with it :D

here are the race results from westport road runners.

next up a change of town -- the norwalk summer series 5 miler next weekend.  as always, if you're at that one... say hello!








No comments: