Sunday, March 10, 2013

2013 celebrate life half marathon: race photos and results


i finally had a chance to the celebrate half marathon this morning.  i had signed up to run this race a couple of times over the past few years, yet never actually got to run it. today we had great weather for the race - which is basically a lollipop loop course, with a couple of decent climbs in what is basically rolling terrain.

i had a conservative target of running a sub-1:50, but when all was said and done i couldn't maintain a sub-9 minute pace.  i finished with a 1:51:59, 9:05 overall pace.  while i was definitely overdressed (it was a mistake to wear the vest), the major issue was my continuing inability to kick off my right foot.  this is a combination of the compartment syndrome that continues to bedevil me and the low weekly mileage i've been running this winter (probably more of the latter).

but, under the circumstance, i was still pleased with the outcome.  it was a solid run on a challenging course.  hopefully, when i run more weekly mileage and rebuild my base this spring, the race times will improve :D

here are the race results from cool running.










the rest of my photos are posted on facebook.

2 comments:

A Plain Observer said...

it was great to see you. I am so glad you finally came and to see Don and Emmy was great.
I have also had very low mileage, the windy winter did me in plus other issues, I hope you and I recover. I really wanted a marathon in May, but it might not be possible

rundangerously said...

thanks myriam! third time was the charm :D

see you next week at wurtsboro!