Sunday, November 21, 2010

2010 jfk 50 miler: race photos and results



my 3rd jfk 50 miler is in the books. at 10:37:13 it's the slowest one. the running gods exacted a heavy toll on my performance this time around because jfk was my third consecutive marathon/ ultra (on the heels of bimbler's bluff 50k and the nyc marathon) in the last month that i ran both undertrained and underprepared. it's time to get back to basics - more training and fewer races (and this will be easier since no business travel planned for the foreseeable future). even though this one was a tough race to gut out, it was still a great day to be outside - and at was a fun time regardless of my finish time :D

here is my race report; and here are the preliminary results.



2 comments:

Laura said...

I just saw that Emmy is doing the 10K at the Thanksgiving Marathon tomorrow - any chance you are running too? If you let me know by tomorrow 6 AM, I'll bring some microbrews for the finish :)

rundangerously said...

hi laura, yes definitely going! will do 10k, maybe half - but can't do full. need to get back and start work on dinner :D