Saturday, June 30, 2018

Recapping the First Six Months of 2018


Just a quick recap of my running for the first six months of the year.  I've managed to rack up more than 1,500 training/racing miles so far this year (1,507.1 to be precise).  To put that in perspective, it's been more than a decade since I've run that much in the first half of a given year!  In another decades long first, I've managed to run more than 200 miles a month for the first six months (averaging 250 miles per month) - with a one month high of 300 miles in March.  Again, I haven't run a 300 mile month in maybe a decade?

As for races, I ran a total of 16 so far, ranging from 1 Mile up to 100K (last weekend, actually).  That total included one marathon, three 50K's and one 100K (it also included a 3 Hour Run, for a total of 23.6 miles).  The remainder, half marathon and shorter, included trails and one relay.  In a twist, only one of the 16 races was a NYRR event (the Italy Run).  Normally, at this point of the year I'd have run close to half a dozen NYRR races (going for my 9+1 goal).

Not sure what the second half of the year has in store for me, but doubt I will keep up a 200+ mile per month pace!  That would give me a 3,000 mile year - again, something I haven't racked up in more than a decade! But I will try to get in another hundred miler (next month in Vermont).  And definitely get in NYC Marathon #16 in November :D

Stay tuned!

Here is the monthly mileage recap:




No comments: