Saturday, July 30, 2016

2016 NYRR Team Championship 5 Miler


Another hot and humid July weekend - must be the NYRR Team Championships!  The twist this year was the tougher (north) 5 mile loop - that included the Harlem Hills.  This time around I wasn't racing, but using the 5 miles as a training run (sometimes I find myself saying that, even when I started out racing - haha).  But with the Escarpment Trail Run tomorrow, didn't want to pass up a another point and did plan an easy run today.

My 42:08, 8:26 pace was probably my slowest (non-trail) 5 mile race - but somehow still managed to squeak in under my planned 8:30 pace (42:30).

The best part of the morning was the post-race socializing with my Taconic team-mates and getting to see my friends running for other clubs.  Regardless of the weather, this is one of the most fun events on the NYRR calendar!

Here are the official results from NYRR.

No comments: