Thursday, July 21, 2016

2016 Masters Challenge 5K


Last night was the Masters Challenge 5K at Rockefeller State Park.  I was the first running I've done since stopping at mile 58.5 at the Vermont 100 Endurance Run on Saturday night. 

It was a fantastic night, weather-wise, to run.  But the traffic Gods didn't see fit to make getting there for the actual start a possibility.  I found myself running down to the lake from the parking lot - and chasing the "sag wagon" - actually the girl running the course picking up the trail markers once all the runners had passed by!  I had to catch and pass her just to benefit from the course markings! 

After the race (which, I officially finished in about 30 minutes - factoring in the 5+ minute late start), the participating club teams (Taconic, Rockland, Westchester and Van Cortlandt) celebrated with what could aptly be called a post-race feast!  It was way too much food and drink for a 5k - but no one complained - haha :D


No comments: