Tuesday, November 12, 2019

Running Home - from work?!


This afternoon took an unexpected turn, to put in mildly!  That's me, barely smiling, on the Bronx River Greenway, just at the Harney Road exit.  How I got there was via an easy (10-11 pace) run from Crestwood Station.  I've run this stretch 100's of times - but not in non-running clothes (e.g. those that I go to work in)!

But, when the Metro North Harlem line is shut down thanks to a fallen utility pole - it seemed like the thing to do.  In fact, the train was half-way to the Scarsdale station when it stopped, went into reverse and returned to Crestwood.  The only announcement was that there was a blockage on the tracks and no estimated time of departure.  A little while later, more dire announcement - it was a fallen utility pole and they were waiting for Con Ed to arrive and turn off the power before any removal efforts could get underway....

That was my cue to get going - and thankfully I had my sneakers on :D

For someone who should temporarily rename this "writedangerously" given the long stretch of weekends at the office - the 2 mile run was actually a lot of fun.

No comments: