Sunday, September 9, 2018

2018 NYRR Fifth Avenue Mile: Race Photos & Results


Given the wet and dreary conditions outside when I woke up this morning, pretty surprised that I dragged myself into the city to run the Fifth Avenue Mile!  Though the rain never got beyond a drizzle (for the most part), it was a grey, wet morning.  I should not have worn racing flats - trail shoes would have been much more appropriate for the rain soaked streets!

Be that as it may, it was still fun running down a car-free Fifth Avenue.  I surprised myself with a 6:29 mile - shocked, may be a better description!  Given the wet streets and crowded start, I somehow managed to finish just 10 seconds off my 2017 time.  Far, far off a sub-6 minute mile - but boy was I happy with it because I thought my fast-twitch muscles had forsaken me :O

Here are the official results from the NYRR.





No comments: