Saturday, June 24, 2017

2017 NYRR Front Runners LGBT Pride Run 5 Miler - Race Photos & Results


Wow, today's Front Runner's Pride Run could easily have been renamed a swim!  It rained (sometimes poured) on and off until minutes into the race!  I was wet from the minute I walked out of my house, drove to MetroNorth station, walked (1 block) from MetroNorth to subway, and continued to be soaked from the 102nd street station to the start!  I went straight to the corral (not checking a bag) and ran the race with my mini knapsack, squeaking all the way :D

At 40:29, it was one of my slowest non-trail 5 milers (2+ minutes slower than the "dry"  Retro 5 Miler that kicked off June)!  But getting it done under those wet conditions was fun, if a bit exasperating - and I was more than happy with my time.  It was NYRR race #5 of 2017.

Here are the official race results from NYRR.




No comments: